The Duke of York has a pleasant restaurant which offers a variety of freshly cooked food. Our new post COVID-19 2020 menu options below include several fish dishes for which the Duke is well known and an array of other delicious choices from meat dishes to salads and vegetarian dishes; or pop in for Sunday lunch, we’d love to see you.
Due to the current restrictions we will need to take your name and contact details with your food order.
Table Bookings are advised – please call (01983) 295171 or fill in the form below.
ALL MEALS AVAILABLE AS A TAKEAWAY – Cash welcome, cards also accepted.
SUNDAY ROASTS available Sundays only, eat-in or takeaway.
Fish and Seafood
- Traditional Battered Cod: £12.95 – Best quality dipped cod in our own batter mix and deep fried until golden
- Whitebait Scampi and Fries: £14.95 – Delicious breaded scampi served with a fresh salad garnish
- Isle of Wight Crab Cakes: £15.95 – Served with fries and a sweet chilli dip with seasonal salad.
Curries all at £12.95. All homemade to our own recipes, all served with boiled rice, naan bread and mango chutney
- Chicken: a creamy mild and fruity curry
- Moroccan Lamb: a fruity medium hot curry
- Beef Madras: marinated, then slow cooked for 5-6hrs, lean chunks of beef in a rich and spicy sauce. The hottest of our curries!
- Vegetarian Curry: 12.95 – a selection of vegetables and fruit in a medium hot sauce sweetened with fruits and finished with a splash of cream. Served with naan bread, white rice and mango chutney
- Halloumi Burger – served in a toasted floured bap with a side salad and fries
- 12oz. Rump Steak: £16.95 – grilled to your liking and served with mushrooms, grilled tomato, onion rings and fries. (Cream, brandy and peppercorn or stilton sauce £2.50 extra)
- Half Roast Chicken: £13.95 – Cooked on the premises and served with a side of spicy BBQ sauce and fries
- Home Cooked Ham and Eggs: £12.95 – Served with either two fried eggs and chips or as a salad and fries
- Rack of BBQ Ribs: £13.95 – served in our own tasty BBQ sauce with a fresh seasonal salad and fries
- Premium 4oz. Burger: £10.95 or 8oz. Burger £12.95 – served in a toasted bap with salad and fries. (Optional toppings, Cheese or Bacon, £0.50 extra)
- Haloumi Burger: £12.95 – served in a toasted bap with side salad and fries
- PIES, PIES, PIES all at £12.95 – made on the premises using top quality ingredients and served in an earthenware dish. Plenty of filling with handmade shortcrust pastry lid. Choose from Steak and Kidney, Chicken Leak and Pancetta, Steak and Ale or Vegetable Pie
- Bangers and Mash: £9.50 – good old fashioned pork snorkers served with buttery mash, petit pois peas and tasty gravy
Food Allergies and Intolerances: Please speak to our staff about the ingrediants in your meal when making your order – thank you!
- Check out our daily specials board – ask for desserts selection – vegan meals available.